San Jose Del Cabo and La Paz are primary airports that you will fly into. There are a multitude of airlines that fly into both cities: Alaska Air, American Airlines, United Airlines, Southwest and Aero Mexico.
Once you've arrived in San Jose Cabo or La Paz you can choose one of many car rental companies: Thrifty, Economy, Fox or Ace.
NOTE: Check with your auto insurance company to see if they have International coverage otherwise opt for the coverage through the rental company
Here are a few suggestions to exchange your currency to Mexican Pesos:
- The airport (Cabo or La Paz) - there is a currency exchange service. This is not necessarily your best option due to the fact that the exchange rate is typically low.
- Most Pemex gas stations and OXXO convenient stores have ATM's to get Pesos. You will typically get a good rate through the ATM's as it is a bank to bank exchange.
From Cabo San Lucas or La Paz airports your GPS will take you to La Ventana. Once in La Ventana:
- Drive through La Ventana until the road turns into a dirt road. You are now in El Sargento.
- The road will make a sharp left and then a sharp right. Continue through our little town slowly, be careful of kids and dogs. You will pass by "Oscaritos" grocery market on the right.
- Once past the market, go approximately 2 km (1 .25 miles) on the dirt road. Go slow 15 km (10 mph), the road is bumpy and there are a few dirt speed humps. Continue on past the last electrical pole, drive down into the arroyo, in about 20 yards you will see a large boulder. Turn right at the boulder and head towards the beach. Follow the dirt road until it makes a right turn.
- You should be parallel to the beach on a small frontage road. Continue past the first "Orange" house. In approximately 500 yards you will arrive at Casa Corazon a white spanish style hacienda surrounded by lush palm trees.